How to restore your old, wooden photo frame and how to make homemade wood lacquer using rosin. Text transcription available.
- Separate frame from the rest, i.e. glass, holders etc.
- Polish frame using Dremel-like drill with the tool shown on the picture or use sandpaper to do it manually.
- Apply lacquer using brush. You can make your own using following recipe:
- Take clean jar lid or something where you can mix ingredients
- Add one part of powdered rosin to two parts of pure alcohol – isopropanol is recommended, but ethanol will be fine as well.
- Mix it well, take away solid parts.